In a classic scene at the end of the movie Juice, Omar Epps’ character Q gets into a fight with Tupac’s character Bishop. The fight leads to Bishop’s death, much to the chagrin of Q. As Q walks away, another kid tells him, “Yo, you got the juice now, man.” I bring up this scene because it’s the source of this episode’s title, which, as you may have guessed, revolves around steroids and performance enhancing drugs in the NBA. We also talked about underpaid superstars, Billy Hunter’s leave from the players union, and the role of superstars in the NBPA.
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:00 – Performances and Embarrassments of the Week
- 08:10 – Was it okay for the Rockets to attempt to break the record for three-point field goals at the end of a blowout?
- 13:00 – Steroids in the NBA: who around the league might be juicing?
- 33:00 – LeBron is underpaid!
- 44:05 – Superstars should take a more active role in the union
- 65:15 – Setting the stage for Lakers vs. Heat and Lamont and Adam’s wager