In the wake of grand jury decisions not to indict police offers Darren Wilson and Daniel Pantaleo in the shootings of Michael Brown and Eric Garner, NBA players including Derrick Rose, Lebron James and Kobe have spoken out by wearing “I Can’t Breathe” shirts during pre-game warmups. We decided to speak out too.
Derrick Rose recently said that when he sits out games, he’s thinking about life after basketball. A deeper dive into his comments reveals that he may have lost his franchise player status. Let us know if you agree.
This week we took a look at the impact of Derrick Rose’s season ending injury and what it means to his future, our feelings on Kobe Bryant’s contract extension and our Performances and Embarrassment’s of the Week. Enjoy.
- 01:20 – Is Derrick Rose still a franchise player?
- 09:30 – Los Angeles Lakers sign Kobe Bryant to a 2 year extension.
- 17:18 – Should players take a pay cut?
- 36:27 – Performances and Embarrassments of the Week.
- Derrick Rose has surgery on right knee and will miss remainder of the season
- Kobe Bryant signs 2 year contract extension with the Los Angeles Lakers
- The Lakers Are Tilting
- Jason Kidd fined $50k for spilled drink
We mourned the injuries to Derrick Rose, Marc Gasol, and Andre Iguodala, compared the credentials of two celebrity fans, and gave the league an All-Star game suggestion.
Special Guest: Monique Judge
Premier week of the 2013-2014 season has come to a conclusion. Our TPC Terrible Trio recapped all of the exciting action including Derrick Rose’s return to action, our first impressions, our fantasy basketball experience, performances and embarrassments of the week and did any teams change our minds?
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 01:29 – League Pass is dangerous if you have kids
- 03:50 – The return of Derrick Rose
- 11:00 – First impressions from the 2013-14 debut week
- 30:55 – The Peoples’ Court Fantasy Basketball Experiment
- 36:48 – Performances and Embarrassments of The Week
Our holiday-themed show brought forth discussions on the New York Knicks, Amare Stoudemire, power forwards on the trading block, and an NBA Secret Santa gift exchange.