Dissatisfied with the fan vote, the Court unveiled their own All-Star starting lineups, and also handed Mid-Season Awards.
The playoffs are underway, and the story so far have been blowouts and injuries. We took to the airwaves today to breakdown the first round thus far, discuss the numerous injuries impacting the playoffs, and cover Kevin Durant’s disdain for second place.
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 03:30 – The first official postseason awards get distributed
- 06:25 – Injuries upon injuries upon injuries
- 09:45 – A deeper dive into Russell Westbrook’s injury and impact on the Thunder
- 24:20 – Checking in on our playoff predictions and other postseason surprises
- 34:50 – Performances and Embarrassments of the Week
- 43:10 – Which is the most important game in a seven-game series?
- 50:52 – Kevin Durant is tired of being second
- Russell Westbrook injures his knee (YouTube)
- The Importance of Game 4
- Kevin Durant on the cover of SI
Here at The Peoples Court, we like to play with the relationship between a basketball court and a court of law. We hold basketball trials and close each podcast with “court is adjourned.” And now, rather than selecting typical All-NBA teams, we’ve assembled our All-Courtroom teams. Unlike an All-NBA team, or an All-Star team, we’ve made sure to combine complimentary players who excel not only as individuals, but as an actual team. Without further ado, presenting The Prosecution and The Defense. Continue reading
Christmas is next week, which means that most teams have played about 25 games. With a quarter of the season done, here are a few things I’ve liked and disliked about the season so far: Continue reading