The first third of the NBA season has been filled with tons of excitement. Join our trio of hosts as they discuss the recent firing of Sacramento Kings head coach Mike Malone, Rajon Rondo has a new home in Dallas, we give out grades to new faces in new places and hand out some early awards.
As we get into the meat of the 2013 NBA Playoffs, the TPC crew threw in their thoughts about the sale of the Sacramento Kings, listed a few players who need to retire from the league, analyzed the conclusion of Round 2 and offered Conference Final Predictions.
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 2:25 – Maloof Brothers sell Sacramento Kings
- 16:10 – Jason Kidd and others who need to retire
- 28:10 – Round 2 reactions and Conference Finals predictions
- 58:45 – Performances and Embarrassments of the Week
- Maloofs agree to sell Sacramento Kings
- Jason Kidd blows layup in Game 5
- Dwayne Wade gets knee treatment
Lot’s of happenings this week in the NBA and we managed to cover most of them. The coaches voted for the 2013 All-Star reserves, the Sacramento Kings are one step closer to moving to Seattle, and Brian Scalabrine proves every NBA player is really, really good at basketball. Also, we highlight Hedo Turkoglu in #HowDidHeGetPaid and Adam lays into Dwight Howard. Enjoy.
- 2013 All-Star Reserves are selected
- Toucher & Rich’s “Scallenge” No Challenge For Brian Scalabrine
- Hedo Turkoglu, #HowDidHeGetPaid
- Forbes releases estimated worth for every NBA team
The past week in the NBA brought forth all sorts of goodies, including news of a potential Kings sale, an unhappy Dirk Nowitzki, and another coaching change. Apparently the week was so noteworthy that we talked for over an hour. Watch the entire episode above, or jump to a specific topic via the rundown below.
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 03:35 – Sacramento Kings on the move?
- 12:10 – Quick Notes (Scott Skiles and Greg Oden)
- 20:20 – Performances and Embarrassments of the Week
- 27:35 – #HowDidHeGetPaid
- 29:40 – Dirk Nowitzki questions the directions of the Dallas Mavericks
- 41:50 – What do LeBron James and Tom Cruise have in common?
- Investor seeking to buy Kings (Yahoo)
- Steve Nash with the towel “assist” (YouTube)
- Kenneth Faried curses on air (YouTube)
- Luke Walton, #HowDidHeGetPaid
- Dirk Nowitzki questions Mavericks (ESPN)